150+ hackers. 28 hours. $6000 in prizes.
HackRice is Rice University's annual hackathon event.
Our third annual HackRice will be bigger and better than ever! For the first time, we are opening HackRice to non-Rice students! Come meet coders from Rice and other great schools, collaborate in teams, and build something awesome in only 28 hours. It will be a blast.
In order to make a HackRice 2014 submission:
- You must have applied through to HackRice through the website and gotten accepted.
- Must be present with your team at Rice University for the event.
- Must be a US student over the age of 18.
- Must be part of a team of at most 5 people.
- Must comply with the rules listed on the website.
Each team is allowed to make a single submission by the deadline.
For a valid submission, we need the following items:
- Application name and its description and purpose.
- A 2 min max video demonstrating your hack.
- URL to live demo of the application if applicable.
Dr. Stephen Wong
Dr. Vivek Sarkar
Anthony J Burton
Innovation and Creativity
The originality or uniqueness of the idea. A new approach to a problem.
The technical difficulty of the implementation. Shows mastery in programming and computer science.
Design and Polish
The polish of the product, ease of use, and attractiveness. Readiness for release.